Set up in 2 - 1/2-day live, instructor lead online training sessions (9:00am – 12:30pm PDT each day) this seminar will cover the same content as the in-person seminar. There is no opportunity to re-schedule or request for a partial refund if a student cannot attend both sessions. Please plan to be fully engaged in the class and clear your work schedule just as you would for the in-class program.
Registered students will received their login information form the instructor in advance of the class.
Why would a Contractor, Owner Consultant or Subcontractor need to know best practices for closing out a construction project? The answer is simple - if you can't get it done then you can't reach substantial performance. Getting a project to substantial performance, and then to total performance, are two of the most difficult milestones in the construction industry to achieve.
This 6-hour session will discuss how the principals of organizing early, teamwork and communication work together to achieve a successful project close out.
Construction Project Close Out is organized into the following phases:
- Pre-Construction Close Out
- Construction Close Out
- Post Construction Close Out
- Organizational Close Out
- Subcontractor Close Out
- Financial Close Out
Each phase has its own processes and procedures that must be organized, put into place and executed. Using a manual, which includes spreadsheets checklist and how to's, participants will learn all of the steps in setting up a project to close it out successfully.
Topics discussed will include:
- O&M manual development and tracking
- Preconstruction meetings
- Commissioning planning
- QA/QC management
- Substantial completion
- Final completion
Participants will be introduced to best practices and "tips and tricks" which will expedite and simplify the takeover of a project by its Owner from the Contractor, so that the last 3% of the project is not 15% of the effort.
Important Note: Computer or laptop with webcam and microphone (webcams are mandatory): This course will involve 100% on-screen interaction with your instructor and classmates, reading/viewing on-screen content like slides or videos, and interacting via typing with questions or responses.
Instructor: Lee Kelly M.A.A.T.O., P.GSC
Lee Kelly M.A.A.T.O., P.GSC is Founder and President of Constructing Minds Inc., a company dedicated to providing relevant and applicable training to the construction industry.
Lee has boots on the ground experience. With over 40 years of construction
management/general contracting experience under her belt she has gained extensive knowledge and a solid foundation in construction practices, processes and procedures in all contract delivery formats in projects valued from $500,000 to $305mil. Lee knows construction because she has built it.
Lee has been a long serving member on the National Gold Seal Committee, has won the Construction Institute of Canada (TCIC) “Chancellor’s Award of Excellence” and has earned certificates in “Teaching and Training Adults” and “Instructional Design”.
Lee’s enthusiasm for training and the construction industry makes her a highly informative, interactive, motivated and sought-after Trainer and Consultant for contracting companies from coast to coast.
March 14, 2022 - 12:30 PM – 3:30 PM Pacific Standard Time (PST)
March 15, 2022 -12:30 PM - 3:30 PM Pacific Standard Time (PST)
This workshop is facilitated on the Adobe Connect platform. Access information from the instructor will be provided to you 30 minutes in advance of the orientation and training.
For support or inquiries, please email email@example.com or call 604-293-2339.
Computer or laptop
- This course will involve on-screen interaction with your instructor and classmates, reading/viewing on-screen content (slides or videos), and interacting via typing with questions or responses. For this reason, cell-phones or tablets may not be adequate.
- Windows 10 or Mac iOS
- For a full list of Zoom’s requirements click here
- Downloading of the Zoom app will ensure a much faster experience https://zoom.us/support/download
- Webcam – in order to engage and collaborate, participants will be expected to have their webcams on for the duration of the class
- Internet connection - For best results, you will want to ensure you have an internet connection with an upload/download speed of 3-5 Mbps. You can test your internet speed here. Minimum recommended speed is 1.5 Mbps, but anything below 3 Mbps may result in loss of quality or buffering. Ideally hardwired connection versus wireless for stability - connect your computer directly to your router using an ethernet cable, rather than using your home wi-fi.
- A quiet space with minimal distractions - microphone will be engaged for interactive sessions. Please plan to be fully engaged in the class and clear your work schedule just as you would for the in-class program.
- Comfortable chair