Set up in 2 - 1/2-day live, instructor lead online training sessions (9:00am – 12:00pm PDT each day) this seminar will cover the same content as the in-person seminar. There is no opportunity to re-schedule or request for a partial refund if a student cannot attend both sessions. Please plan to be fully engaged in the class and clear your work schedule just as you would for the in-class program.
Registered students will receive their login information form the instructor in advance of the class.
“If you fail to plan, you are planning to fail.” Benjamin Franklin
Effective and thorough project planning prior to commencement of work on a new site is essential to the overall success of any construction project. Often focus is mainly directed at winning the work and a rush to start the job, rarely is there adequate time given to taking the time and planning the work in advance. In general, the Construction Execution Plan answers these questions:
• What must be done?
• Who will do it?
• How will it be done?
• How long will it take?
• How much will it cost?
• What are the deliverables?
• How will quality be maintained?
• What is the schedule?
Without a Construction Execution Plan, a company has planned to fail and will most likely impact profitability.
This seminar will discuss the elements of creating an efficient and organized Construction Execution Plan which includes: understanding scope, contractual requirements and budget, assigning the best project team, site logistics, sequence of work, schedule, project resources and identifying risk and opportunity etc.. The Construction Execution Plan should effectively communicate, in simple language, the sequence of events required to construct the project and to meet key milestones. Once complete, it can be used to provide information to others about how the project will be managed and constructed, and as a “road map” for the project team members to identify how the project will be constructed.
Exclusive to this workshop is a comprehensive manual that is used as a reference and guide throughout the sessions. The manual is based on accumulated knowledge gathered over 40 years in the construction industry. It is a valuable and effective tool that contains not only practical how-to’s, checklists and templates but will also be a foundation for new processes and procedures back in the office or on the jobsite.
Who Should Attend:
Subcontractors, general contractors, project managers, superintendents/foremen in the construction industry.
Important Note: Computer or laptop with webcam and microphone (webcams are mandatory): This course will involve 100% on-screen interaction with your instructor and classmates, reading/viewing on-screen content like slides or videos, and interacting via typing with questions or responses.
Instructor: Lee Kelly M.A.A.T.O., P.GSC
Lee Kelly M.A.A.T.O., P.GSC is Founder and President of Constructing Minds Inc., a company dedicated to providing relevant and applicable training to the construction industry.
Lee has boots on the ground experience. With over 40 years of construction management/general contracting experience under her belt she has gained extensive knowledge and a solid foundation in construction practices, processes and procedures in all contract delivery formats in projects valued from $500,000 to $305mil. Lee knows construction because she has built it.
Lee has been a long serving member on the National Gold Seal Committee, has won the Construction Institute of Canada (TCIC) “Chancellor’s Award of Excellence” and has earned certificates in “Teaching and Training Adults” and “Instructional Design”.
Lee’s enthusiasm for training and the construction industry makes her a highly informative, interactive, motivated and sought-after Trainer and Consultant for contracting companies from coast to coast.
May 2, 2022 9:00 am – 12:00 pm Pacific Standard Time (PST)
May 3, 2022 9:00 am – 12:00 pm Pacific Standard Time (PST)
This workshop is facilitated on the Adobe Connect platform. Access information from the instructor will be provided to you 30 minutes in advance of the orientation and training.
For support or inquiries, please email email@example.com or call 604-293-2339.
Computer or laptop
- This course will involve on-screen interaction with your instructor and classmates, reading/viewing on-screen content (slides or videos), and interacting via typing with questions or responses. For this reason, cell-phones or tablets may not be adequate.
- Windows 10 or Mac iOS
- For a full list of Zoom’s requirements click here
- Downloading of the Zoom app will ensure a much faster experience https://zoom.us/support/download
- Webcam – in order to engage and collaborate, participants will be expected to have their webcams on for the duration of the class
- Internet connection - For best results, you will want to ensure you have an internet connection with an upload/download speed of 3-5 Mbps. You can test your internet speed here. Minimum recommended speed is 1.5 Mbps, but anything below 3 Mbps may result in loss of quality or buffering. Ideally hardwired connection versus wireless for stability - connect your computer directly to your router using an ethernet cable, rather than using your home wi-fi.
- A quiet space with minimal distractions - microphone will be engaged for interactive sessions. Please plan to be fully engaged in the class and clear your work schedule just as you would for the in-class program.
- Comfortable chair