Set up in 4 - 1/2-day live instructor led online training sessions (8:30am – 12:30pm each day) this seminar will cover the same content as the in-person seminar. There is no opportunity to re-schedule or request for a partial refund if a student cannot attend all sessions. Please plan to be fully engaged in the class and clear your work schedule just as you would for the in-class program.
Participants will learn how to improve the management and business systems of their construction company.
At the end of the course participants will be able to:
• Understand the strategic planning process and how to implement it within their context
• Understand the importance of a business plan and how to prepare one
• Understand the participants within the construction industry – their roles, responsibilities and limitations
• Understand the benefits of a participatory management culture
• Formulate a marketing plan and understand the marketing mix
• Develop a human resource management plan
• Understand the employment cycle/process
• Develop an employee performance evaluation system
• Increase staff morale and engagement
• Understand operational planning for construction companies
• Formulate a financial plan, budgets, ratios and break-even analysis
• Understand the importance of financial internal controls
• Develop benchmarks and key performance indicators
• Understand bonding and insurance for construction companies
• Use risk management tools to identify risk and how to mitigate risk
Four half days (16 hours) of virtual lessons with instructors plus an online portion involving research, reading, and answering questions (7-8 hours) that will be marked by the instructors.
To receive a 5 Gold Seal accredited certificate, you must complete the online portion after the 4 virtual classroom sessions.
April 11, 2022 - 8:30 AM to 12:30PM Pacific Standard Time (PST)
April 12, 2022 - 8:30 AM to 12:30PM Pacific Standard Time (PST)
April 13, 2022 - 8:30 AM to 12:30PM Pacific Standard Time (PST)
April 14, 2022 - 8:30 AM to 12:30PM Pacific Standard Time (PST)
What previous participants have said:
"Provided great insight into business planning. Provided a better understanding of financial planning and how to understand balance sheets"
"Terrific content for start up companies"
"Well explained. Enjoyed the group discussions and class input"
For support or inquiries, please email email@example.com or call 604-293-2339.
Computer or laptop
- This course will involve on-screen interaction with your instructor and classmates, reading/viewing on-screen content (slides or videos), and interacting via typing with questions or responses. For this reason, cell-phones may not be adequate.
- Windows 10 or Mac iOS
- Webcam – in order to engage and collaborate, participants will be expected to have their webcams on for the duration of the class
- Internet connection - For best results, you will want to ensure you have an internet connection with an upload/download speed of 3-5 Mbps. You can test your internet speed here. Minimum recommended speed is 1.5 Mbps, but anything below 3 Mbps may result in loss of quality or buffering. Ideally hardwired connection versus wireless for stability - connect your computer directly to your router using an ethernet cable, rather than using your home wi-fi.
- A quiet space with minimal distractions - microphone will be engaged for interactive sessions. Please plan to be fully engaged in the class and clear your work schedule just as you would for the in-class program.
- Comfortable chair