Gold Seal: 2 Credits
Tuesday, February 22nd, 2022
This interactive, live instructor-led online training course will cover the same content as the in-person course. All live online courses will be recorded, and participants will have access to the recorded session for 3 months.
The main objective of this 2-day course is to introduce the commands, functions, and capabilities of Microsoft Project. It is designed for computer users who are new to Microsoft Project who want to gain a thorough understanding of one of the world’s most popular project management software packages.
The following list summarizes skills that participants will be comfortable with after this course.
- Understanding Views, Screen Tips, Ribbon, and the Quick Access toolbar
- Create, edit and outline a task list, establish dependencies by linking tasks
- Add and assign resources, work with project calendars, and enter project costs
- Print project information and customize reports
- Apply task type settings, set task constraints
- Apply pre-set and custom contours, edit resource assignments and set and modify a baseline
- Track and report on an active project and compare to baseline
- Sort, filter, and group views
- Format views and the Gantt chart
- Customize Microsoft project elements including tables, views, and reports
- Use sample templates, create custom templates, and use the organizer to manage project elements
- Display progress lines, apply earned value tables, and conduct pert analysis
- Create master projects, insert and work with subprojects, and create links to external tasks
- Running multiple projects with a common resource pool
Course Length: 16 Hours
This hands-on course is taught by a certified Microsoft Master Instructor.
In order to participate in this course, you will require either two monitors or a second device (tablet) or computer so that you are able to watch the instructor while at the same time practicing and applying the new skills.
Contact & Support
For support or inquiries, please email email@example.com or call 604-293-2339.
Computer or laptop
- This course will involve on-screen interaction with your instructor and classmates, reading/viewing on-screen content (slides or videos), and interacting via typing with questions or responses. For this reason, cell-phones or tablets may not be adequate.
- Windows 10 or Mac iOS
- Webcam – in order to engage and collaborate, participants will be expected to have their webcams on for the duration of the class
- Internet connection - For best results, you will want to ensure you have an internet connection with an upload/download speed of 3-5 Mbps. You can test your internet speed here. Minimum recommended speed is 1.5 Mbps, but anything below 3 Mbps may result in loss of quality or buffering. Ideally hardwired connection versus wireless for stability - connect your computer directly to your router using an ethernet cable, rather than using your home wi-fi.
- A quiet space with minimal distractions - microphone will be engaged for interactive sessions. Please plan to be fully engaged in the class and clear your work schedule just as you would for the in-class program.
- Comfortable chair
COURSE REGISTRATION CANCELLATIONS, TRANSFERS & REFUNDS:
Cancellations received at least 5 business days prior to the webinar date will result in a full refund.
Registrants who do not attend/log into a webinar, and/or who do not notify CITN of cancellation at least 5 full business days prior to the course date will be assessed the full cost of the webinar. There will be no refunds or credits in this case.
Substitution of attendees is permitted up to and including the day of the webinar.
COURSE CANCELLATION BY CITN:
CITN may have to postpone or cancel webinars due to insufficient enrolment, in which case CITN's liability will be limited to a refund of the registration fee.