Set up in 2 – full day, live instructor led online training sessions (8:30 am to 4:30 pm each day) this seminar will cover the same content as the in-person seminar. There is no opportunity to re-schedule or request for a partial refund if a student cannot attend both sessions. Please plan to be fully engaged in the class and clear your work schedule just as you would for the in-class program.
The main objective of this 2-day course is to introduce the commands, functions, and capabilities of Microsoft Project. It is designed for computer users who are new to Microsoft Project who want to gain a thorough understanding of one of the world’s most popular project management software packages.
The following list summarizes skills that participants will be comfortable with after this course.
- Understanding Views, Screen Tips, Ribbon, and the Quick Access toolbar.
- Create, edit and outline a task list, establish dependencies by linking tasks.
- Add and assign resources, work with project calendars, and enter project costs.
- Print project information and customize reports.
- Apply task type settings, set task constraints.
- Apply pre-set and custom contours, edit resource assignments, and set and modify a baseline.
- Track and report on an active project and compare to baseline.
- Sort, filter, and group views.
- Format views and the Gantt chart.
- Customize Microsoft project elements including tables, views, and reports.
- Use sample templates, create custom templates, and use the organizer to manage project elements.
- Display progress lines, apply earned value tables, and conduct pert analysis.
- Create master projects, insert and work with subprojects, and create links to external tasks.
- Running multiple projects with a common resource pool.
This interactive, live instructor-led online training course will cover the same content as the in-person course. All live online courses will be recorded, and participants will have access to the recorded session for 3 months.
This hands-on course is taught by a certified Microsoft Master Instructor.
You will need to have MS Project 2016 (or newer) program downloaded and installed on computer. The course assumes that students have completed the Microsoft Office Basics course or have equivalent knowledge. The web version will not be suitable.
IMPORTANT NOTE: In order to participate in this course, you will require either two monitors or a second device (tablet) or computer so that you are able to watch the instructor while at the same time practicing and applying the new skills.
Duration: Two full days (16 Hours) of virtual lessons with an instructor.
Workshop Time: 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM Pacific Standard Time (PST) each day.
Delivery Method: Virtual Session – MS Teams
Course Fee Includes: Access to the course, course materials, and a digital certificate upon completion.
This course is delivered in partnership with local and provincial construction associations across Canada. You will be participating with a group of industry peers from multiple regions.
While there are no prerequisites for this session, this course assumes that students have completed the Microsoft Office Basics course or have equivalent basic knowledge of how to use a computer.
Who Should Attend?
This course is ideal for any individuals who have little or no experience with MS Project and want to develop their skills to be able to build and manage a project.
What Previous Participants Said:
It was a very good course, the material was relevant, all my questions were answered, and Frank was great about taking extra time to help out anyone who needed help.”
For support or inquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 604-293-2339.
Computer or laptop
- This course will involve on-screen interaction with your instructor and classmates, reading/viewing on-screen content (slides or videos), and interacting via typing with questions or responses. For this reason, cell-phones or tablets may not be adequate.
- Windows 10 or Mac iOS
- Webcam – in order to engage and collaborate, participants will be expected to have their webcams on for the duration of the class
- Internet connection - For best results, you will want to ensure you have an internet connection with an upload/download speed of 3-5 Mbps. You can test your internet speed here. Minimum recommended speed is 1.5 Mbps, but anything below 3 Mbps may result in loss of quality or buffering. Ideally hardwired connection versus wireless for stability - connect your computer directly to your router using an ethernet cable, rather than using your home wi-fi.
- A quiet space with minimal distractions - microphone will be engaged for interactive sessions. Please plan to be fully engaged in the class and clear your work schedule just as you would for the in-class program.
- Comfortable chair