Thursday, September 15th, 2022
Did you know that most employees decide to leave a job within their first 18 months with an organization? When an employee does leave, it usually costs about three times their salary to replace them. You can greatly increase the likelihood that a new employee will stay with you by implementing a well-designed onboarding program that will guide the employee through their first months with the company.
This workshop will explore the benefits of onboarding, show you how to design an onboarding framework, give you ways to customize the program for different audiences, and demonstrate how to measure results from the program.
In this 2-hour session, participants will learn how to:
• Define onboarding and describe how it is different from orientation
• Identify the business benefits of onboarding
• List the factors that contribute to a successful onboarding program
• Design a framework for an onboarding program
• Customize your onboarding framework
• Identify which metrics you should track to evaluate program results
While this session is part of a series, participants are not required to attend all sessions in the series or attend in any sequence. Each session can be attended independently.
Disclaimer: The content of this presentation is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice.
Duration: Two hours (2 Hours) of virtual lessons with an instructor.
Workshop Time: 11:00am - 1:00pm Pacific Standard Time (PST)
Delivery Method: Virtual Session – Zoom Meetings
Course Fee Includes: Access to the course, course materials, and upon completion a digital certificate if requested.
This course is delivered in partnership with local and provincial construction associations across Canada. You will be participating with a group of industry peers from multiple regions.
There are no prerequisites for this course. While this course is part of a series, participants are not required to attend all course in the series or attend in any sequence. Each course in the series can be attended independently.
Who Should Attend?
This session would be beneficial for those in a Human Resources (HR) role or anyone that performs HR tasks within a company, as well as supervisors, managers, or safety professionals.
Presenter: Pamela Bragg - Sarkany Management Inc.
Pamela Bragg is the owner of Sarkany Management Inc., a Human Resources Consulting firm, which offers a broad range of HR services. Pamela has a comprehensive background in executive level human resources and holds a Masters Certificate from Stanford in Diversity & Inclusion as well as a Masters Certificate in Strategic Human Resources & Organizational Change.
Contact & Support
For support or inquiries, please email email@example.com or call 604-293-2339.
Computer or laptop
- This course will involve on-screen interaction with your instructor and classmates, reading/viewing on-screen content (slides or videos), and interacting via typing with questions or responses. For this reason, cell-phones or tablets may not be adequate.
- Windows 10 or Mac iOS
- For a full list of Zoom’s requirements click here
- Downloading of the Zoom app will ensure a much faster experience https://zoom.us/support/download
- Webcam – in order to engage and collaborate, participants will be expected to have their webcams on for the duration of the class
- Internet connection - For best results, you will want to ensure you have an internet connection with an upload/download speed of 3-5 Mbps. You can test your internet speed here. Minimum recommended speed is 1.5 Mbps, but anything below 3 Mbps may result in loss of quality or buffering. Ideally hardwired connection versus wireless for stability - connect your computer directly to your router using an ethernet cable, rather than using your home wi-fi.
- A quiet space with minimal distractions - microphone will be engaged for interactive sessions. Please plan to be fully engaged in the class and clear your work schedule just as you would for the in-class pro
COURSE REGISTRATION CANCELLATIONS, TRANSFERS & REFUNDS:
Cancellations received at least 5 business days prior to the webinar date will result in a full refund.
Registrants who do not attend/log into a webinar, and/or who do not notify CITN of cancellation at least 5 full business days prior to the course date will be assessed the full cost of the webinar. There will be no refunds or credits in this case.
Substitution of attendees is permitted up to and including the day of the webinar.
COURSE CANCELLATION BY CITN:
CITN may have to postpone or cancel webinars due to insufficient enrolment, in which case CITN's liability will be limited to a refund of the registration fee.