Gold Seal: 2 Credits
Sunday, May 28th, 2023
This interactive online course is an introduction to transformational leadership specifically for women construction professionals. It focuses on the behavioural side of leadership, social and emotional intelligence, influence, and relationship building.
Who should attend: Professional women in construction and related industries at any level who are interested in progressing their careers. This includes project managers, project coordinators, estimators, superintendents, accounting professionals, HR professionals, etc.
The curriculum includes:
Female Leadership in Construction:
Understanding the difference between transactional and transformational leadership models and when to lean into each style.
Understand your internal motivations and how to inspire other people.
Sponsorship Vs. Mentorship:
How to create opportunities for yourself and others.
The Leadership Mindset:
How to manage self-doubt, imposter syndrome, and how to think strategically.
- Have an understanding of your leadership strengths and how to apply them in your current role.
- Have a vision for your career and how it fits in with your company’s goals.
- Understand why the gender gap exists in the construction industry and why women cannot solve this issue alone.
- Understand the difference between mentorship and sponsorship and how to find a sponsor for yourself.
- Develop an action plan to build relationships inside and outside of your organization.
- Be equipped with strategic thinking tools that can be applied at any level of your organization.
- Have a strategy to increase your confidence and influence within your organization.
This course follows a blended learning model and is a combination of self-guided online learning, live workshops, and Q&A sessions with women leaders from the construction industry and includes:
- Four weeks of on-demand curriculum (taken on your schedule – through a combination of video, audio, articles, and worksheets)
- Two x 1 hour live workshops via Zoom (these will be recorded in case you can't attend live)
- One x 1 hour Q&A session with women in senior leadership positions from the industry
- Action planning worksheets
- Networking – build relationships with other women in the industry to share best practices
- Evidence-based articles to deepen your learning
The course consists of 9-hours of online curriculum that you do at your own pace, and 3 x one-hour live sessions over Zoom.
Live Zoom workshops and Q&A sessions happen at 9:00 AM PST on Thursdays. The Zoom sessions are recorded if you can’t attend live.
Presenter: Ambition Theory Founder, Andrea Janzen
Andrea is a Certified Executive Coach with an MBA, the host of the Ambition Theory Podcast, a Forbes contributor and a top-rated speaker. She is passionate about coaching women in AEC to develop themselves, set leadership goals and get results. Andrea has coached and trained over 1,000 construction professionals.
“The Atlantic District of Bird Construction sent 3 team members to the course
hosted by The Construction Association of Nova Scotia. They came back saying it
was one of the best zoom workshops they've ever been to” Neal Lade, Vice President, and District Manager, Bird Construction
“The course was so inspiring; it opened up participants’ eyes to opportunities to
uplevel their current positions. People were still talking about it three months
later. They came out of the session with a whole new perspective of where they
could take their careers.” Stephanie Wallace, Director Ottawa, Construction Association
“The internal training at my company taught me about leadership skills. The
coaching I received from Ambition Theory taught me the behavioural side of
things. By combining the two, I learned how to step up and lead others.” Casey Corriveau, PCL Construction
Contact & Support
For support or inquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 604-293-2339.
Computer or laptop
- This course will involve on-screen interaction with your instructor and classmates, reading/viewing on-screen content (slides or videos), and interacting via typing with questions or responses. For this reason, cellphones may not be adequate.
- Windows 10 or Mac iOS
- Webcam – (MANDATORY) in order to engage and collaborate, participants will be expected to have their webcams on for the duration of the class.
- Microphone (MANDATORY)
- Internet connection - For best results, you will want to ensure you have an internet connection with an upload/download speed of 3-5 Mbps. You can test your internet speed here. Minimum recommended speed is 1.5 Mbps, but anything below 3 Mbps may result in loss of quality or buffering. Ideally hardwired connection versus wireless for stability - connect your computer directly to your router using an ethernet cable, rather than using your home wi-fi.
- A quiet space with minimal distractions - microphone will be engaged for interactive sessions. Please plan to be fully engaged in the class and clear your work schedule just as you would for the in-class program.
- Comfortable chair
COURSE REGISTRATION CANCELLATIONS, TRANSFERS & REFUNDS:
Cancellations received at least 5 business days prior to the webinar date will result in a full refund.
Registrants who do not attend/log into a webinar, and/or who do not notify CITN of cancellation at least 5 full business days prior to the course date will be assessed the full cost of the webinar. There will be no refunds or credits in this case.
Substitution of attendees is permitted up to and including the day of the webinar.
COURSE CANCELLATION BY CITN:
CITN may have to postpone or cancel webinars due to insufficient enrolment, in which case CITN's liability will be limited to a refund of the registration fee.