The workshop walks participants through a comprehensive program that included what the WorkSafeBC Regulations & Guidelines state, safe work procedures and what to do if something goes wrong.
Upon completion of this course participants will be able to:
- Identify hazards around trenches and excavations
- Be able to locate underground utilities
- Understand soil types, soil collapse patterns, and warning signs
- Gain familiarity with WorkSafeBC regulations
- Understand geotechnical and structural engineered documentation
- Understand sloping and benching
- Understand shoring and shielding systems
- Describe and demonstrate where possible safe installation and removal processes
- Identify emergency procedures for a trench collapse
What previous participants said:
“Course was on point and informative.”
“Instructor has hands on experience!’
“Excellent presentation and explaining.”
“Very well done. I will hold a company wide meeting to talk about the information provided today.”
For support or inquiries, please email email@example.com or call 604-293-2339.
Computer or laptop
- This course will involve on-screen interaction with your instructor and classmates, reading/viewing on-screen content (slides or videos), and interacting via typing with questions or responses. For this reason, cell-phones or tablets may not be adequate.
- Windows 10 or Mac iOS
- For a full list of Zoom’s requirements click here
- Downloading of the Zoom app will ensure a much faster experience https://zoom.us/support/download
- Webcam – in order to engage and collaborate, participants will be expected to have their webcams on for the duration of the class
- Internet connection - For best results, you will want to ensure you have an internet connection with an upload/download speed of 3-5 Mbps. You can test your internet speed here. Minimum recommended speed is 1.5 Mbps, but anything below 3 Mbps may result in loss of quality or buffering. Ideally hardwired connection versus wireless for stability - connect your computer directly to your router using an ethernet cable, rather than using your home wi-fi.
- A quiet space with minimal distractions - microphone will be engaged for interactive sessions. Please plan to be fully engaged in the class and clear your work schedule just as you would for the in-class program.
- Comfortable chair
COURSE REGISTRATION CANCELLATIONS, TRANSFERS & REFUNDS:
Cancellations received at least 5 business days prior to the course will result in a full refund.
Registrants who do not attend/log into a webinar and/or who do not notify CITN at least 5 full business days prior to the course date will be assessed the full cost of the webinar. There will be no refunds or credits in this case.
Substitution of attendees is permitted up to and including the day of the course.
COURSE CANCELLATION BY CITN:
CITN may have to postpone or cancel webinars due to insufficient enrolment, in which case CITN’s liability will be limited to a refund of the registration fee.