Set up in 4 - 1/2-day live instructor led online training sessions (8:30am – 12:30pm each day) this seminar will cover the same content as the in-person seminar. There is no opportunity to re-schedule or request for a partial refund if a student cannot attend all sessions. Please plan to be fully engaged in the class and clear your work schedule just as you would for the in-class program.
Participants will improve their skills in leadership, management and supervision of staff. Participants will learn skills to enhance their ability to build a collaborative team culture with their staff and on job sites.
At the end of the course participants will be able to:
• Understand the differences between leadership, management, and supervision
• Identify different leadership styles and approaches
• Apply different leadership styles to deal with various situations
• Knowledge of motivational theories – Mazlow, Herzberg, MARS
• Ability to enhance individual and group performance and engagement
• Understand different personality styles and how to communicate appropriately
• Effectively manage time
• Understanding stress and how to manage it at work
• Knowledge of substance abuse, recognition, and prevention
• Conduct a successful toolbox talk
• Appropriately discipline and/or terminate staff
• Apply various negotiating skills
• Deal with difficult people, conflict, and confrontation
• Use collaborative decision-making skills
• Understand a systems approach to management of construction companies
Four half day (16 hours) of virtual lessons with instructors plus an online portion involving research, reading and answering questions (7-8 hours) that will be marked by the instructors.
To receive a 5 Gold Seal accredited certificate, you must complete the online portion after the 4 virtual classroom sessions.
What previous participants said:
“Great Class! Instructor was able to hold our attention for long periods of time.”
"Excellent course layout and presentation."
For support or inquiries, please email email@example.com or call 604-293-2339.
Computer or laptop
- This course will involve on-screen interaction with your instructor and classmates, reading/viewing on-screen content (slides or videos), and interacting via typing with questions or responses. For this reason, cell-phones may not be adequate.
- Windows 10 or Mac iOS
- Webcam – in order to engage and collaborate, participants will be expected to have their webcams on for the duration of the class
- Internet connection - For best results, you will want to ensure you have an internet connection with an upload/download speed of 3-5 Mbps. You can test your internet speed here. Minimum recommended speed is 1.5 Mbps, but anything below 3 Mbps may result in loss of quality or buffering. Ideally hardwired connection versus wireless for stability - connect your computer directly to your router using an ethernet cable, rather than using your home wi-fi.
- A quiet space with minimal distractions - microphone will be engaged for interactive sessions. Please plan to be fully engaged in the class and clear your work schedule just as you would for the in-class program.
- Comfortable chair