More than ever, a workplace is a diverse collection of individuals proud of who they are: their gender, their sexual orientation, their religion, their ethnic background, and all the other components that make an individual unique. One of the challenges for workplace leaders is how to help these diverse individuals work as a team. We all know what happens to organizations that don’t have effective teamwork: they fail. And failing to embrace diversity can also have serious legal costs for corporations. This workshop will give you ways to celebrate diversity in the workplace while bringing individuals together.
In this 3-hour interactive webinar you will learn to:
- Describe what diversity and its related terms mean
- Explain how changes in the world have affected you and your view
- Identify your stereotypes
- Use terms that are politically correct and avoid those which are not
- Apply the four cornerstones of diversity
- Avoid the pitfalls related to diversity
- Develop a management style to encourage diversity
- Take action if you or one of your employees feels discriminated against
While this session is part of a series, participants are not required to attend all sessions in the series or attend in any sequence. Each session can be attended independently.
Disclaimer: The content of this presentation is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice.
Delivery Method: Virtual Session – Zoom Meetings
Course Fee Includes: Access to the course, course materials, and upon completion a digital certificate if requested.
This course is delivered in partnership with local and provincial construction associations across Canada. You will be participating with a group of industry peers from multiple regions.
There are no prerequisites for this course. While this course is part of a series, participants are not required to attend all course in the series or attend in any sequence. Each course in the series can be attended independently.
Who Should Attend
This course is an introductory course designed to be beneficial for everyone attend. Those that are new to a Human Resources (HR) role or anyone that performs HR tasks within a company, as well as supervisors or managers may find this session of value.
For support or inquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 604-293-2339.
Computer or laptop
- This course will involve on-screen interaction with your instructor and classmates, reading/viewing on-screen content (slides or videos), and interacting via typing with questions or responses. For this reason, cell-phones or tablets may not be adequate.
- Windows 10 or Mac iOS
- For a full list of Zoom’s requirements click here
- Downloading of the Zoom app will ensure a much faster experience https://zoom.us/support/download
- Webcam – in order to engage and collaborate, participants will be expected to have their webcams on for the duration of the class
- Internet connection - For best results, you will want to ensure you have an internet connection with an upload/download speed of 3-5 Mbps. You can test your internet speed here. Minimum recommended speed is 1.5 Mbps, but anything below 3 Mbps may result in loss of quality or buffering. Ideally hardwired connection versus wireless for stability - connect your computer directly to your router using an ethernet cable, rather than using your home wi-fi.
- A quiet space with minimal distractions - microphone will be engaged for interactive sessions. Please plan to be fully engaged in the class and clear your work schedule just as you would for the in-class pro