Set up in 2 - 1/2-day live instructor led online training sessions this seminar will cover the same content as the in-person seminar. There is no opportunity to re-schedule or request a partial refund if a student cannot attend both sessions. Please plan to be fully engaged in the class and clear your work schedule just as you would for the in-class program.
These sessions will provide you and your staff with the knowledge and skills to accurately estimate construction quantities and costs using Bluebeam Revu.
Taking the Bluebeam Revu Basics course is not mandatory as a prerequisite for the Estimating or Document Control courses; however, it is strongly recommended. Several of the topics taught in these courses are built on the foundation of several topics taught in the basics course.
- Setting Drawing Scale
- Length Measurements
- Area and Volume Measurements
- Count Measurements
- Estimating Tool Sets & Profiles
- Using the Markups List for Estimating
- Exporting Takeoff Data
- Sketch to Scale
Important Note: You will need a fully functioning version of Bluebeam Revu 2020. Any Windows version is ok (Standard, CAD, or eXtreme). The Mac version will not work.
Duration: Two half days (8 Hours) of virtual lessons with an instructor.
Workshop Time: 8:30 AM - 12:00 PM Pacific Daylight Time (PDT) each day.
Delivery Method: Virtual Session – Zoom Meetings
Course Fee Includes: Access to the course, course materials, and a digital certificate upon completion.
This course is delivered in partnership with local and provincial construction associations across Canada. You will be participating with a group of industry peers from multiple regions.
Presenter: Morgan Garry
Morgan is a Bluebeam Certified Instructor. He has over a decade of hands-on experience in the construction industry, including owning his own construction company and working for one of the largest GC's in North America. He also holds a bachelor's degree in construction management from BYU-Idaho. Most importantly, he's a trusted expert in using Bluebeam technology on the construction site. Morgan's classes and training have helped some of the top construction companies in North America to improve processes, workflow, and project management with Bluebeam Revu.
The Bluebeam Revu Basics course is not mandatory as a prerequisite for the Estimating or Document Control courses; however, it is strongly recommended.
Who Should Attend?
This course is ideal for: Project Managers, Project Coordinators, Estimators, Project Assistants, and Document Controllers.
What Previous Participants Said:
“Lots of helpful tips on central Bluebeam operation.”
“Morgan is a great presenter. The session was well thought out and he provided helpful examples.”
For support or inquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 604-293-2339.
1. Computer or laptop
2. This course will involve on-screen interaction with your instructor and classmates, reading/viewing on-screen content (slides or videos), and interacting via typing with questions or responses. For this reason, cellphones will not be adequate.
3. You will need TWO screens for the training to be effective.
- The first screen needs to be a Windows computer with Bluebeam Revu 2020 installed.
- The second screen is to display the Zoom meeting (this could be a second monitor, a larger tablet (9" +).
4. Software - You will need a fully functioning version of Bluebeam Revu 2020. Any Windows version is ok (Standard, CAD, or eXtreme). The Mac version will not work. If you have an older version, you can download a 2020 trial and install it ‘side by side’ your existing install. This will allow you to continue to use your older version without losing your license and you can use the new version to follow along in the training.
5. Webcam (Mandatory) – in order to engage and collaborate, participants will be expected to have their webcams on for the duration of the class
6. Microphone (Mandatory)
7. Internet connection - For best results, you will want to ensure you have an internet connection with an upload/download speed of 3-5 Mbps. You can test your internet speed here. Minimum recommended speed is 1.5 Mbps, but anything below 3 Mbps may result in loss of quality or buffering. Ideally hardwired connection versus wireless for stability - connect your computer directly to your router using an ethernet cable, rather than using your home wi-fi.
8. A quiet space with minimal distractions - microphone will be engaged for interactive sessions. Please plan to be fully engaged in the class and clear your work schedule just as you would for the in-class program.
9. Comfortable chair
You can download a free 30-day trial of Bluebeam Revu here: https://www.curtek.ca/bluebeam-trial