- Navigating the Word interface
- Ribbon/Quick Access Toolbar
- Document Basics
- The Clipboard
- Format Painter
- Headers and Footers
- Page Numbering
- Find, Replace, & Go To
- Spelling and Grammar: Editor
- Read Aloud and Dictate
Pictures, Shapes & Text Boxes
- Shapes and Icons
- Text boxes
Note: Access to the Microsoft Word desktop app is required for this course.
All Microsoft Office courses are taught by Izzy Perry, Microsoft Office Specialist Expert and Microsoft Certified Trainer.
A basic knowledge of and experience with Windows, including being able to start programs, switch between programs, locate saved files, and close programs.
Course Length: ½ day (4 hours)
Webinar time: 7:00am - 11:00 am Pacific Standard Time (PST)
Instructor: Izzy Perry
Izzy is an administrative profession with over twenty years of experience working with Microsoft Office. Her experience in various paralegal, corporate and government offices has given her differing perspectives to engage and develop both her knowledge her students’ knowledge. She is passionate about computers and software and bring that passion to her work and her classes.
Izzy served as President of the Canadian Sport Parachuting Association and was on their Board of Directors for five years. She is a Learning Facilitator and Coach Evaluator certified though the Coaching Association of Canada and the National Coaching Certification program and has been teaching people to skydive for over ten years.
Izzy was the recipient of the 2020 Canadian Sport Parachuting Association Cathy Johnson Service Award, in recognition of the outstanding support, contribution and dedication to sport parachuting in Canada.
For support or inquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 604-293-2339.
|Attendee Registration for Webinar||
7:30am - 11:30am
Computer or laptop
- This course will involve on-screen interaction with your instructor and classmates, reading/viewing on-screen content (slides or videos), and interacting via typing with questions or responses. For this reason, cell-phones or tablets may not be adequate.
- Windows 10 or Mac iOS
- For a full list of Zoom’s requirements click here
- Downloading of the Zoom app will ensure a much faster experience https://zoom.us/support/download
- Webcam – in order to engage and collaborate, participants will be expected to have their webcams on for the duration of the class
- Internet connection - For best results, you will want to ensure you have an internet connection with an upload/download speed of 3-5 Mbps. You can test your internet speed here. Minimum recommended speed is 1.5 Mbps, but anything below 3 Mbps may result in loss of quality or buffering. Ideally hardwired connection versus wireless for stability - connect your computer directly to your router using an ethernet cable, rather than using your home wi-fi.
- A quiet space with minimal distractions - microphone will be engaged for interactive sessions. Please plan to be fully engaged in the class and clear your work schedule just as you would for the in-class program.
- Comfortable chair