Outlook is a key communication tool in most companies yet is commonly underutilized and a time hog with too much time spent just responding to email. Learn powerful organizational strategies that can change the way you work and save you hours of time every week. Learn to navigate quickly, and far less, through Outlook and how to create a powerful single-page dashboard that will let you strategically manage all your appointments, tasks, email, and follow-up calls on a single page. This course maps to the Microsoft MOS Exam. After reviewing all topics in the manual participants will be prepared to successfully write the Microsoft Office Specialist Outlook Exam.
The following list summarizes skills that students will be comfortable with after this course.
- Understand how Outlook is set up and the types of information it can track
- Create a format and send messages
- Create or modify signatures for e-mail
- Choose customized Outlook settings and views
- Organize and manage messages using quick steps
- Utilize the powerful search tools in Outlook
- Create rules and out-of-office notices
- Use the To-Do bar to manage tasks
- Manage multiple calendars
- Create and organize tasks, appointments, meetings, and events
- Create and manage notes, tasks, and journals
- Utilize options such as voting buttons, flags, or level of importance
- Create contacts and groups
This hands-on course is taught by a certified Microsoft Master Instructor.
You will need to have the Outlook & OneNote 2016 (or newer) programs downloaded and installed on your computer. The course assumes that students have completed the Microsoft Office Basics course or have equivalent knowledge. The web version will not be suitable.
In order to participate in this course, you will require either two monitors or a second device (tablet) or computer so that you are able to watch the instructor while at the same time practicing and applying the new skills.
For support or inquiries, please email email@example.com or call 604-293-2339.
|Attendee Registration for Workshop||
|Day 1 Tuesday Apr 11, 2023|
8:30am - 12:00pm
Webinar Day 1
|Day 2 Wednesday Apr 12, 2023|
8:30am - 12:00pm
Webinar Day 2
Computer or laptop
- This course will involve on-screen interaction with your instructor and classmates, reading/viewing on-screen content (slides or videos), and interacting via typing with questions or responses. For this reason, cell-phones or tablets may not be adequate.
- Windows 10 or Mac iOS
- Webcam – in order to engage and collaborate, participants will be expected to have their webcams on for the duration of the class
- Internet connection - For best results, you will want to ensure you have an internet connection with an upload/download speed of 3-5 Mbps. You can test your internet speed here. Minimum recommended speed is 1.5 Mbps, but anything below 3 Mbps may result in loss of quality or buffering. Ideally hardwired connection versus wireless for stability - connect your computer directly to your router using an ethernet cable, rather than using your home wi-fi.
- A quiet space with minimal distractions - microphone will be engaged for interactive sessions. Please plan to be fully engaged in the class and clear your work schedule just as you would for the in-class program.
- Comfortable chair