This course is intended for participants who want to learn the nuts & bolts of how SharePoint and OneDrive work within the Microsoft 365 Environment. Participants will gain a basic overview of the SharePoint online platform to create and navigate SharePoint sites, and work with documents and libraries. Participants will learn how to use OneDrive to store, share and manage files.
Modules and topics covered by this course:
1. SharePoint Sites
- Site templates
- Creating sites
- Site navigation
2. List Basics
- Creating lists using templates
- List columns
- List views
3. Library Basics
- Library templates
- Creating libraries
- Library views
4. Working with Documents
- Checking out documents
- Deleting and restoring documents
- What is OneDrive?
- Add files to OneDrive
- View and edit files on OneDrive
- Sharing files using OneDrive
6. Microsoft Teams and SharePoint/OneDrive
This hands-on course is taught by a certified Microsoft Master Instructor.
To participate in this session, you will need to have access to your SharePoint site and know to navigate to your site.
In order to participate in this course, you will require either two monitors or a second device (tablet) or computer so that you are able to watch the instructor while at the same time practicing and applying the new skills.
IMPORTANT NOTE: This is a new session from a new provider. If you are looking for the 1-day (8 Hour) Microsoft SharePoint, OneDrive and Teams training we offered previously, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
Duration: Half day (4 Hours) of virtual lessons with an instructor.
Workshop Time: 7:30 AM – 11:30 AM Pacific Standard Time (PST) each day.
Delivery Method: Virtual Session – GoToTraining
Course Fee Includes: Access to the course, course materials, and a digital certificate upon completion.
This course is delivered in partnership with local and provincial construction associations across Canada. You will be participating with a group of industry peers from multiple regions.
This course is intended for participants who want to learn the nuts & bolts of how SharePoint and OneDrive work within the Microsoft 365 Environment. To participate in this session, you will need to have access to your SharePoint site and know to navigate to your site.
Who Should Attend?
This course is intended for participants who want to learn the nuts & bolts of how SharePoint and OneDrive work within the Microsoft 365 Environment.
For support or inquiries, please email email@example.com or call 604-293-2339.
|Attendee Registration for Webinar||
7:30am - 11:30am
1. Computer or laptop
- This course will involve on-screen interaction with your instructor and classmates, reading/viewing on-screen content (slides or videos), and interacting via typing with questions or responses. For this reason, cellphones may not be adequate.
- Windows 10 or Mac iOS
2. Software/Programs – MS SharePoint/OneDrive 2016 (or newer) desktop program downloaded and installed on computer. The course assumes that students have completed the Microsoft Office Basics course or have equivalent knowledge. The web version will not be suitable.
Download Program Here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/microsoft-365/buy/compare-all-microsoft-365-products
3. Second Screen - In order to participate in this course, you will require either two monitors or a second device (tablet) or computer so that you are able to watch the instructor while at the same time practicing and applying the new skills.
4. Webcam (Mandatory) – in order to engage and collaborate, participants will be expected to have their webcams on for the duration of the class.
5. Microphone (Mandatory)
6. Internet connection - For best results, you will want to ensure you have an internet connection with an upload/download speed of 3-5 Mbps. You can test your internet speed here. Minimum recommended speed is 1.5 Mbps, but anything below 3 Mbps may result in loss of quality or buffering. Ideally hardwired connection versus wireless for stability - connect your computer directly to your router using an ethernet cable, rather than using your home wi-fi.
7. A quiet space with minimal distractions - microphone will be engaged for interactive sessions. Please plan to be fully engaged in the class and clear your work schedule just as you would for the in-class program.
8. Comfortable chair