Time is money, the saying goes, and lots of it gets lost in disorganization and disruption. We also deal with a constant barrage of technology, people, and tasks that can contribute to that disorganization. Many people find that they move from one task to another, trying to get everything done but often falling short.
In this workshop, we will introduce you to the basics of time management. We’ll talk about how to make the most of your time by getting a grip on your workflow and workspace, using your planner tool effectively, and delegating some of your work to other people when possible.
This session will cover:
- What Is Time Management?
- Setting Goals
- Planning Tips and Tricks
- Setting Priorities
- Making Decisions
- Putting an End to Procrastination
- Creating Order
What Will Participants Learn?
- How to better organize yourself and your workspace for peak efficiency.
- The importance of, and the most useful techniques for, setting and achieving goals.
- How to plan and schedule your time efficiently
- Setting priorities and making decisions
- What to delegate and how to delegate well.
- How to take control of things that can derail your workplace productivity.
- How to create order and get organized.
- How to manage your workload.
Participants will leave this course with tangible tools that they can start implementing immediately after the course.
These training hours can be used towards the Gold Seal Certification application for credits, subject to credit approval upon review by CCA. Note: every 6 hours of learning equals 1 Gold Seal credit.
For support or inquiries, please email email@example.com or call 604-293-2339.
Computer or laptop
- This course will involve on-screen interaction with your instructor and classmates, reading/viewing on-screen content (slides or videos), and interacting via typing with questions or responses. For this reason, cell-phones or tablets may not be adequate.
- Windows 10 or Mac iOS
- For a full list of Zoom’s requirements click here
- Downloading of the Zoom app will ensure a much faster experience https://zoom.us/support/download
- Webcam – in order to engage and collaborate, participants will be expected to have their webcams on for the duration of the class
- Internet connection - For best results, you will want to ensure you have an internet connection with an upload/download speed of 3-5 Mbps. You can test your internet speed here. Minimum recommended speed is 1.5 Mbps, but anything below 3 Mbps may result in loss of quality or buffering. Ideally hardwired connection versus wireless for stability - connect your computer directly to your router using an ethernet cable, rather than using your home wi-fi.
- A quiet space with minimal distractions - microphone will be engaged for interactive sessions. Please plan to be fully engaged in the class and clear your work schedule just as you would for the in-class program.
- Comfortable chair