This course is intended for anyone who is new to, self-taught or has never used Microsoft Project and would like to learn how to use it as a tool to manage their projects.
- Topics covered by this course:
- Create a new project plan file and enter project information
- Manage tasks by organizing tasks and setting task relationships
- Determine critical path, total float, and free float
- Manage resources for a project such as labour
- Finalize a project plan by setting a baseline
- Track progress using the tracking Gantt chart
This hands-on course is taught by a certified Microsoft Master Instructor.
This course is a CCA Gold Seal Certified Course and successful participants will be issued a certificate showing 1 GS Credit.
You will need to have MS Project 2016 (or newer) program downloaded and installed on computer. The web version will not be suitable.
In order to participate in this course, you will require either two monitors or a second device (tablet) or computer so that you are able to watch the instructor while at the same time practicing and applying the new skills.
IMPORTANT NOTE: This is a new session from a new provider. If you are looking for the 2-day Microsoft Project training we offered previously, that course is now posted on our schedule as Microsoft Project – Comprehensive.
Duration: One full day (8 Hours) of virtual lessons with an instructor.
Workshop Time: 7:00 AM – 3:00 PM Pacific Standard Time (PST) each day.
Delivery Method: Virtual Session – GoToTraining
Course Fee Includes: Access to the course, course materials, and a digital certificate upon completion.
This course is delivered in partnership with local and provincial construction associations across Canada. You will be participating with a group of industry peers from multiple regions.
Participants enrolling in this course should have a general understanding of project management concept and have basic skills with Microsoft Windows.
Who Should Attend?
Anyone whose work involves planning and scheduling the work: project managers, project coordinators, construction managers, superintendents, general foremen, foremen and estimators of all levels will benefit from the workshop. This course is for contractors and subcontractors in all segments of the construction industry.
For support or inquiries, please email email@example.com or call 604-293-2339.
1. Computer or laptop
- This course will involve on-screen interaction with your instructor and classmates, reading/viewing on-screen content (slides or videos), and interacting via typing with questions or responses. For this reason, cellphones may not be adequate.
- Windows 10 or Mac iOS
2. Software/Programs – MS Outlook 2016 (or newer) desktop program downloaded and installed on computer. The course assumes that students have completed the Microsoft Office Basics course or have equivalent knowledge. The web version will not be suitable.
Download Program Here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/microsoft-365/buy/compare-all-microsoft-365-products
3. Second Screen - In order to participate in this course, you will require either two monitors or a second device (tablet) or computer so that you are able to watch the instructor while at the same time practicing and applying the new skills.
4. Webcam (Mandatory) – in order to engage and collaborate, participants will be expected to have their webcams on for the duration of the class.
5. Microphone (Mandatory)
6. Internet connection - For best results, you will want to ensure you have an internet connection with an upload/download speed of 3-5 Mbps. You can test your internet speed here. Minimum recommended speed is 1.5 Mbps, but anything below 3 Mbps may result in loss of quality or buffering. Ideally hardwired connection versus wireless for stability - connect your computer directly to your router using an ethernet cable, rather than using your home wi-fi.
7. A quiet space with minimal distractions - microphone will be engaged for interactive sessions. Please plan to be fully engaged in the class and clear your work schedule just as you would for the in-class program.
8. Comfortable chair