At the end of the course participants will be able to:
• Understand the basic elements of communication and demonstrate effective communication skills with constructors.
• Understand motivation theory and apply motivational techniques to win trust and engage individuals/teams you work with.
• Identify different personality styles and how to communicate appropriately and negotiate effectively with each one.
• Understand the basics of negotiating, de-escalating conflict and setting the groundwork for effective negotiation.
• Ask effective questions and listen to others in order to get to the issues behind various negotiation intentions.
• Getting to a “yes” and closing a negotiation well.
The course is designed for construction owners, project managers, estimators, supervisors, and those involved in construction disputes.
For support or inquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 604-293-2339.
Computer or laptop
- This course will involve on-screen interaction with your instructor and classmates, reading/viewing on-screen content (slides or videos), and interacting via typing with questions or responses. For this reason, cell-phones or tablets may not be adequate.
- Windows 10 or Mac iOS
- For a full list of Zoom’s requirements click here
- Downloading of the Zoom app will ensure a much faster experience https://zoom.us/support/download
- Webcam (MANDATORY) – in order to engage and collaborate, participants will be expected to have their webcams on for the duration of the class
- Microphone (MANDATORY)
- Internet connection - For best results, you will want to ensure you have an internet connection with an upload/download speed of 3-5 Mbps. You can test your internet speed here. Minimum recommended speed is 1.5 Mbps, but anything below 3 Mbps may result in loss of quality or buffering. Ideally hardwired connection versus wireless for stability - connect your computer directly to your router using an ethernet cable, rather than using your home wi-fi.
- A quiet space with minimal distractions - microphone will be engaged for interactive sessions. Please plan to be fully engaged in the class and clear your work schedule just as you would for the in-class program.
- Comfortable chair
COURSE REGISTRATION CANCELLATIONS, TRANSFERS & REFUNDS:
Cancellations received at least 5 business days prior to the webinar date will result in a full refund.
Registrants who do not attend/log into a webinar, and/or who do not notify CITN of cancellation at least 5 full business days prior to the course date will be assessed the full cost of the webinar. There will be no refunds, transfers or credits in this case.
Substitution of attendees is permitted up to and including the day of the webinar.
COURSE CANCELLATION BY CITN:
CITN may have to postpone or cancel webinars due to insufficient enrolment, in which case CITN’s liability will be limited to a refund of the registration fee.