2402 Highway 97 North
On April 3, 2017, changes to the Occupational Health and Safety Regulation regarding joint health and safety committees and worker health and safety representatives took effect. All new joint committee members selected on or after April 3, 2017 must receive eight hours of training. This course will help participants fulfill the new requirement.
- Know how to use the OHS Regulation and WC Act to access health & safety requirements;
- Explain the roles and functions of the Joint Committee and the Worker Representatives;
- Learn how to perform an incident investigation;
- Learn how to perform a formal site inspection; and
Develop a foundation in knowledge to:
- Promote workplace health and safety
- Assist in ensuring the health and safety program elements are implemented;
- Conduct and participate in Joint Committee Meetings; and
- Work cooperatively to address workers' health and safety concerns.
- Use of WorkSafe OHS Regulation;
- Joint Health and Safety committee and workers representatives;
- OHS Program;
- Safety Inspections;
- Incident investigations;
- Refusal of unsafe work;
- How to work as a committee;
- Different types of recommendations; and
- Hazard management.
For support or inquiries, please email email@example.com or call 604-293-2339.
CWU members may qualify for reimbursement. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
COURSE REGISTRATION CANCELLATIONS, TRANSFERS & REFUNDS:
Cancellations received at least 14 business days prior to the course will result in a full refund.
Cancellations received less than 14 business days but more than 7 full business days prior to the course are subject to an administration fee of $100 per day for full and half-day seminars, or $25 for breakfast sessions.
Registrants who do not show up for a course, and/or who do not notify CITN at least 7 full business days prior to the course date will be assessed the full cost of the course. There will be no refunds or credits in this case.
Substitution of attendees is permitted up to and including the day of the course.
COURSE CANCELLATION BY CITN:
CITN may have to postpone or cancel courses due to insufficient enrolment, in which case CITN’s liability will be limited to a refund of the registration fee.