675 Tranquille Road
Participants will improve their skills in leadership, management and supervision of staff. Participants will learn skills to enhance their ability to build a collaborative team culture with their staff and on job sites.
At the end of the course participants will be able to:
• Understand the differences between leadership, management and supervision
• Identify different leadership styles and approaches
• Apply different leadership styles to deal with various situations
• Knowledge of motivational theories – Mazlow, Herzberg, MARS
• Ability to enhance individual and group performance and engagement
• Understand different personality styles and how to communicate appropriately
• Effectively manage time
• Understanding stress and how to manage it at work
• Knowledge of substance abuse, recognition and prevention
• Conduct a successful toolbox talk
• Appropriately discipline and/or terminate staff
• Apply various negotiating skills
• Deal with difficult people, conflict and confrontation
• Use collaborative decision making skills
• Understand a systems approach to management of construction companies
Two days (16 hours) of lessons with instructors plus an online portion involving research, reading and answering questions (7-8 hours) that will be marked by the instructors.
To receive your CPD accredited certificate you must complete the online portion after the 2 day course.
What previous participants said:
“Great Class! Instructor was able to hold our attention for long periods of time.”
"Excellent course layoutand and presentation."
For support or inquiries, please email email@example.com or call 604-293-2339.
CWU members may qualify for reimbursement. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
COURSE REGISTRATION CANCELLATIONS, TRANSFERS & REFUNDS:
Cancellations received at least 14 business days prior to the course will result in a full refund.
Cancellations received less than 14 business days but more than 7 full business days prior to the course are subject to an administration fee of $100 per day for full and half-day seminars, or $25 for breakfast sessions.
Registrants who do not show up for a course, and/or who do not notify CITN at least 7 full business days prior to the course date will be assessed the full cost of the course. There will be no refunds or credits in this case.
Substitution of attendees is permitted up to and including the day of the course.
COURSE CANCELLATION BY CITN:
CITN may have to postpone or cancel courses due to insufficient enrolment, in which case CITN’s liability will be limited to a refund of the registration fee.