200-2296 McCallum Road
Would you like to improve your construction site leadership skills?
This course will enhance your ability to build a collaborative team culture with their staff, improve job site productivity and complete projects on time, on budget, and safely. Ideal for lead hands, foremen and front-line supervisors that want to increase their leadership effectiveness.
At the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Identify and apply different leadership styles and approaches
- Enhance the motivation and engagement of construction workers and teams
- Utilize leadership techniques to build cohesive and effective crews
- Understand the Eight Wastes in order to reduce downtime and inefficiencies on site
- Understand different personality styles and how to communicate effectively with each one
- Recognize substance abuse and how to deal with it appropriately
- Improve their training skills and conduct a successful toolbox talk
- Deal with difficult people, conflict and confrontational situations
- Use collaborative decision-making skills and build a collaborative culture
- Understand the importance of ethics and safety first when leading others
Instructor: Tim Williams, B.Econ., MBA, CPA, GSC is the President of BGC Partners Inc. BGC Partners provides training services tailor made for the construction industry. Tim has worked with numerous construction companies for over twenty years. He is a Gold Seal Certified project manager. He is an experienced and sought-after trainer who has trained construction owners and managers on behalf of construction industry associations across Western Canada.
For support or inquiries, please email email@example.com or call 604-293-2339.
CWU members may qualify for reimbursement. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
COURSE REGISTRATION CANCELLATIONS, TRANSFERS & REFUNDS:
Cancellations received at least 10 business days prior to the course will result in a full refund.
Cancellations received less than 10 business days but more than 5 full business days prior to the course are subject to an administration fee of $100 per day for full and half-day seminars, or $25 for breakfast sessions.
Registrants who do not show up for a course, and/or who do not notify CITN at least 5 full business days prior to the course date will be assessed the full cost of the course. There will be no refunds or credits in this case.
Substitution of attendees is permitted up to and including the day of the course.
COURSE CANCELLATION BY CITN:
CITN may have to postpone or cancel courses due to insufficient enrolment, in which case CITN’s liability will be limited to a refund of the registration fee.