Where do we run into problems most often with contract compliance and how do we mitigate these problems?
Whether you are the Project Owner, the Consultants, or the Contractors, first you need to understand what you have agreed to in the contracts and why the clause exists in the first place. NOT opening, reading and understanding the contract requirements until it's too late is exactly what gets us into trouble time and time again on construction projects. Waiting until there is conflict and only then referring to the contract to see how, or if, we can get out of the problem is like playing Russian roulette.
In the nuances of the prime contract clauses, there are implications and requirements impacting all partners including the Consultants and Subcontractors.
In this session, you will learn from a team of industry partners’ perspectives:
- What clauses and concepts in the different project delivery methods consistently create challenges and conflict,
- What these clauses mean and why they exist,
- How to mitigate the pain points associated with these clauses and
- Develop your “go forward” strategies and practices.
Finally, through interactive exercises, we will explore some specific scenarios on what the possible outcomes are and what to do to achieve alignment by all parties.
Who should attend:
Understanding the impact of non-standard clauses is important for all industry partners. This course is most applicable to mid-management personnel from the following roles/disciplines who are familiar with standard contract clauses.
General Contractors and Subcontractors:
- Construction Company Owners/Managers
- Project Managers
- Commercial Managers
- Business Development Managers
- Project Owners
- Third party Project Managers (for the Project Owner)
- Architects and Engineers
- Bonding and Insurance specialists
Three 3-hour half-days - No class on November 11
For support or inquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 604-293-2339.