The truth is that in our professional lives we don’t get what we deserve, need or even want – we get what we ask for. Do you ever feel that you are being taken advantage of? Achieving success in this increasingly interdependent workplace of the 21st century requires a new set of core competencies and the ability to effectively assert oneself to get your needs met while maintaining and even enhancing the quality of the relationship is near the top of the list.
In this 4-hour webinar you will learn proven, practical strategies and techniques that will optimize the effectiveness of one’s verbal communications.
This workshop is designed for anyone who is seeking to achieve better results dealing with people or anyone who is just looking to get his or her needs met more consistently.
- The most common reasons that most people fail to assert themselves
- Understanding the Passive – Assertive – Aggressive continuum
- The price of being too nice and the inevitable consequences of aggressive behavior
- The critical difference between being aggressive and being assertive
- The vital emotional intelligence (EQ) - assertiveness connection
- The key principles of developing and sustaining productive Relationships
- The key principles and practices of effectively providing behavior changing Feedback
- How to gain Influence with people and win them over to your way of thinking
- How to assert oneself in a manner people will listen, believe, understand, remember what you say
- How to disagree without being disagreeable
- How to quickly and effectively plan and prepare for your assertion
- How to say No, without feeling guilty, indebted or hurting the relationship
- A step-by-step process as to how to deliver four different types of assertiveness statements
Webinar time: 8:30am - 12:30pm Pacific Standard Time (PST)
For support or inquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 604-293-2339.