11331 Twigg Place
- Support Systems
- Set Up
- Pre-operational Check List
- SIAC Code of Safe Practice
- OHS Regulations
In order to be successful, participants must demonstrate practical skill competency and achieve 70% on a multiple choice exam. On successful completion of the course, participants receive a 3-year certification.
Who should attend: Anyone who operate and work from a swing stage as part of their day-to-day job activities or supervises these activities.
Please note: All participants will be required wear a non-medical face-mask whilst in the classroom environment. Physical distancing will be maintained for the course duration, however, certain class exercises may involve participants and the instructor being physically closer than 6-feet. This is why participants and instructors are required to wear a non-medical face-mask. When strict physical distancing is not possible, instructors will also ask all participants to sanitize their hands immediately before and after such exercises.
Instructor: Stewart Liddell is the Swing Stage Division Manager at Canada Scaffold Supply since 1997, with a career in Swing Stage (Suspended Scaffold) starting in 1979 and spanning the past 41 years.
Stewart is certified for the Safety Training for Suspended Scaffolds and the Lift & Access Education Training from the SIA (now known as SAIA). His focus is on safety and he works closely with the governing bodies of WorkSafeBC and CSA Standards, as well as following OHSA principles and practices to ensure rules and regulations are always met. Since 2002, Stewart has been training individuals throughout British Columbia.
For support or inquiries, please email email@example.com or call 604-293-2339.
Please note the following before you purchase your training:
- In-class courses will be conducted with full adherence to health and safety guidelines as prescribed by BC’s Provincial Health Officer regarding the current pandemic. Students agree to follow facility and instructor directions regarding health and safety protocols while attending training.
- Students who attend in-class training are fully and personally responsible for their own safety and actions while and during class sessions with the recognition that they may be at risk of contracting COVID-19.
- Students who have experienced symptoms such as fever, fatigue, difficulty in breathing, or dry cough or exhibiting any other symptoms relating to COVID-19 or any communicable disease within 14 days before in-class training starts will not be permitted to attend training.
- Students who have traveled by sea or by air internationally (including the United States) within 14 days before in-class training starts will not be permitted to attend training.
- Students who reside in a household with someone who has traveled by sea or by air internationally (including the United States) within 14 days before in-class training starts will not be permitted to attend training.
- Students who have been diagnosed to be infected of COVID-19 virus within 30 days before in-class training starts will not be permitted to attend training.
- Students who reside in a household with someone who has been diagnosed to be infected of COVID-19 virus within 30 days before in-class training starts will not be permitted to attend training.
COURSE REGISTRATION CANCELLATIONS, TRANSFERS & REFUNDS:
Cancellations received at least 10 business days prior to the course date will result in a full refund.
Cancellations received less than 10 business days but more than 5 full business days prior to the course date are subject to an administration fee of $100 for full and half-day seminars, or $25 for breakfast sessions.
Registrants who do not show up for a course, and/or who do not notify CITN at least 5 full business days prior to the course date will be assessed the full cost of the course. There will be no refunds or credits in this case.
Substitution of attendees is permitted up to and including the day of the course.
COURSE CANCELLATION BY CITN:
CITN may have to postpone or cancel courses due to insufficient enrolment, in which case CITN’s liability will be limited to a refund of the registration fee.