None of us were born financially fit; most parents didn’t tell us how to manage money; money management wasn’t taught in school. Is it any surprise that many of us struggle with managing money?
The good news: Budgeting is skill that anyone can learn. Simply put, a budget is a plan for your money based on your priorities and goals.
In this webinar, you will:
- Identify your own money values and set SMART financial goals
- Understand how to create a monthly budget (income, expenses, debts, savings)
- Learn how to track expenses to answer the question, "Where did all my money go?"
- Create a plan for Irregular Expenses (car repairs, clothing, celebrations)
- Establish an emergency fund
- Manage your savings
Presenter: Sheilagh Cahill
In her capacity as a Certified Financial Educator, Sheilagh Cahill presents a wide range of financial literacy webinars. She champions the positive impact financial wellness offers: improved well-being resulting in reduced stress, increased morale, engagement, and productivity. Sheilagh enjoys building partnerships and developing awareness about the services provided by the Credit Counselling Society. She has over 10 years’ experience in business development, project management and producing television. Sheilagh holds a Certificate in Entertainment Administration from UBC, a Diploma in Business Management from Capilano University, and a Certified Educator in Personal Finance designation from the Centre for Financial Certifications.
November 4, 2021 - 11am - 12:15pm Pacific Standard Time
For support or inquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 604-293-2339.
Computer or laptop
- This course will involve on-screen interaction with your instructor and classmates, reading/viewing on-screen content (slides or videos), and interacting via typing with questions or responses. For this reason, cell-phones or tablets may not be adequate.
- Windows 10 or Mac iOS
- For a full list of Zoom’s requirements click here
- Downloading of the Zoom app will ensure a much faster experience https://zoom.us/support/download
- Webcam – in order to engage and collaborate, participants will be expected to have their webcams on for the duration of the class
- Internet connection - For best results, you will want to ensure you have an internet connection with an upload/download speed of 3-5 Mbps. You can test your internet speed here. Minimum recommended speed is 1.5 Mbps, but anything below 3 Mbps may result in loss of quality or buffering. Ideally hardwired connection versus wireless for stability - connect your computer directly to your router using an ethernet cable, rather than using your home wi-fi.
- A quiet space with minimal distractions - microphone will be engaged for interactive sessions. Please plan to be fully engaged in the class and clear your work schedule just as you would for the in-class program.
- Comfortable chair