Set up in 3 - 1/2-day live, instructor lead online training sessions (June 17, 18, 2021 from 9:00am – 12:00pm PDT and June 21, 2021 from 12:00 pm - 3:00 pm) this seminar will cover the same content as the in-person seminar. There is no opportunity to re-schedule or request for a partial refund if a student cannot attend both sessions. Please plan to be fully engaged in the class and clear your work schedule just as you would for the in-class program.
Registered students will receive their login information form the instructor in advance of the class.
More and more frequently private sector companies and government organizations are releasing Requests for Proposals (RFP’s) as part of their procurement process and moving away from the traditional bid process. Construction companies will win or lose contracts based on their responses to these RFP’s. Responding to a Request for Proposal (RFP) successfully requires knowledge, understanding and a proposed solution of the subject, while convincing the potential Owner that your company is the best suited to build their project. Your response must not just be compliant, it must be compelling as well!
Through case study of an actual RPF and the development of the RFP response participants will:
• Understand the differences between a Request for Quotation (RFQ) and the typical prequalification in the bid process and how to respond to that RFQ. Your company must first pass the “RFQ” test before being invited to participate in the RFP process.
• Learn to analyze your companies’ SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunity and Threats) and how to leverage these for the RFP response.
• Learn how to analyze the RFP to:
Understand the Owner’s requirements both for the RFP response and the project
Demonstrate knowledge of the Owner
Understand how your company can best suit the solution
• Create a successful strategy for developing a winning response.
• Develop “win strategies”.
• Learn to prepare your written response effectively while following the guidelines set out in the RFP.
• Learn how responses to RFP’s are evaluated and how best to address the criteria.
• Learn engaging and effective presentation techniques.
• Create an RFP response to the Case Study – both written and presentation.
• Present your Team’s RFP proposal.
Exclusive to this workshop is a comprehensive manual that is used as a reference and guide throughout the sessions. The manual is based on accumulated knowledge gathered over 40 years in the construction industry. It is a valuable and effective tool that contains not only practical how-to’s, checklists and templates but will also be a foundation for new processes and procedures back in the office or on the jobsite.
Who Should Attend:
General contractors, subcontractors, architects, designers, engineers, consultants, Bid/Proposal Managers and allied professionals in the construction industry.
Important Note: Computer or laptop with webcam and microphone (webcams are mandatory): This course will involve 100% on-screen interaction with your instructor and classmates, reading/viewing on-screen content like slides or videos, and interacting via typing with questions or responses.
Instructor: Lee Kelly M.A.A.T.O., P.GSC
Lee Kelly M.A.A.T.O., P.GSC is Founder and President of Constructing Minds Inc., a company dedicated to providing relevant and applicable training to the construction industry.
Lee has boots on the ground experience. With over 40 years of construction management/general contracting experience under her belt she has gained extensive knowledge and a solid foundation in construction practices, processes and procedures in all contract delivery formats in projects valued from $500,000 to $305mil. Lee knows construction because she has built it.
Lee has been a long serving member on the National Gold Seal Committee, has won the Construction Institute of Canada (TCIC) “Chancellor’s Award of Excellence” and has earned certificates in “Teaching and Training Adults” and “Instructional Design”.
Lee’s enthusiasm for training and the construction industry makes her a highly informative, interactive, motivated and sought-after Trainer and Consultant for contracting companies from coast to coast.