Risk Management is about anticipating changes, issues and delays before they happen: being pro-active instead of firefighting. Learn to create a professional risk management plan, including Risk Registers, Mitigation Plans, and Risk Calendars. The course follows PMI ™ and Construction Association methodologies.
A good Risk Management plan will help you:
- Deliver on time and on budget.
- Minimize your exposure to financial loss.
- Transfer know-how and experience.
- Improve your business processes.
- Put you ahead of your competition.
This 3-hour hands-on webinar will give you a comprehensive understanding of risk management in the construction industry. Risk Management for Construction will lead you through the process of identifying, analyzing, prioritizing, and responding to risk factors throughout the duration of a project. Proper risk management will reduce the likelihood of a risk occurring, and the magnitude of its impact, helping to improve your overall productivity and performance.
Our mission is to enhance peak capability within your organization. Risk Management for Construction will help you to streamline each and every one of your projects.
To help you document the risk management process, a three-month subscription to our RiskMP software will be provided to each course participant. RiskMP is a practical approach to risk management – a tool that allows you to formalize a continuous risk management process.
- Identifying Risk
- Risk Event Statements
- Qualitative/Quantitative Risk Analysis
- Planning for Risk
- Documenting Risk
- Risk Response: Executing the Plan
Upon completion of this workshop you will be better able to:
- Identify risks and assess potential project risk factors
- Develop effective risk response strategies
- Control risk during project execution
- Use a practical 6-step process to manage project risk
- Write a risk management plan for a project
- Build a companywide repository of risk management best practices
To help you document the risk management process, the cost of the course includes a three-month subscription to RiskMP software. RiskMP is a practical approach to risk management – a tool that allows you to formalize a continuous risk management process.
This course is a partnership with Vancouver Regional Construction Association.
3-hour virtual instructor-led workshop.
Anyone who is interested in learning more about creating a risk management plan.
Anne Leroux, P.Eng. is a founding partner of ES Computer Training and Technologies, ESCTT Inc. A graduate of the University of Waterloo, Anne is a professional engineer with over 25 years experience in construction, engineering and project management. Anne possesses prolific experience in the field and as a consultant. She has been responsible for the development and implementation of numerous software programs used in the construction and architectural industries. Established in 1992, ESCTT Inc. provides computer infrastructure services to businesses in various industry verticals. Products/ventures have included risk management software for construction, business intelligence software, thin client data systems and distributed workforce software.
Greg Leroux has been a leading financial strategist, consultant, and instructor to the construction industry since 2008, Greg Leroux has become an authority on getting construction firms to maximize their productivity through the use of information technology. Greg is not only an expert with standard construction software but has been a key developer of the Risk Managment application - RiskMP. Greg has worked closely with construction companies throughout Canada, lending his practical, results-driven approach to ensure success.
Webinar Time: June 30, 2021 - 10:00am - 1:00pm Pacific Standard Time (PST)
For support or inquiries, please email email@example.com or call 604-293-2339.
Computer or laptop
- This course will involve on-screen interaction with your instructor and classmates, reading/viewing on-screen content (slides or videos), and interacting via typing with questions or responses. For this reason, cell-phones or tablets may not be adequate.
- Windows 10 or Mac iOS
- For a full list of Zoom’s requirements click here
- Downloading of the Zoom app will ensure a much faster experience https://zoom.us/support/download
- Webcam – in order to engage and collaborate, participants will be expected to have their webcams on for the duration of the class
- Internet connection - For best results, you will want to ensure you have an internet connection with an upload/download speed of 3-5 Mbps. You can test your internet speed here. Minimum recommended speed is 1.5 Mbps, but anything below 3 Mbps may result in loss of quality or buffering. Ideally hardwired connection versus wireless for stability - connect your computer directly to your router using an ethernet cable, rather than using your home wi-fi.
- A quiet space with minimal distractions - microphone will be engaged for interactive sessions. Please plan to be fully engaged in the class and clear your work schedule just as you would for the in-class pro