Gold Seal: 2 Credits * BC Housing: 8 CPD Points
Participants will improve their skills in leadership, management and supervision of staff. Participants will learn skills to enhance their ability to build a collaborative team culture with their staff and on job sites.
At the end of the course participants will be able to:
• Understand the differences between leadership, management and supervision
• Identify different leadership styles and approaches
• Apply different leadership styles to deal with various situations
• Be familiar with various motivational theories – Mazlow, Herzberg, MARS
• Understand how to enhance individual and group performance and engagement
• Understand different personality styles and how to communicate appropriately
• Effectively manage time
• Understand stress and how to manage it at work
• Have knowledge of substance abuse, recognition and prevention
• Conduct a successful toolbox talk
• Appropriately discipline and/or terminate staff
• Apply various negotiating skills
• Deal with difficult people, conflict and confrontation
• Use collaborative decision making skills
• Understand a systems approach to management of construction companies
The instructor, BGC Partners, has been approved by CCA for 2 CCA Gold Seal education credits and BC Housing for 8 Informal CPD credits upon successful completion.
The course includes 11 video modules with 8 hours of expert instruction and material.
Contact & Support
For support or inquiries, please email email@example.com or call 604-293-2339.
CWU members may qualify for reimbursement. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org