- An overview of compensation and benefits administration- where we will explore employee compensation categories from guaranteed to variable pay, as well as benefits such as vacation to bonuses.
- Managing leaves and illness- here we will look at Canadian federal and provincial legislation covering job protected leaves, and some basic do’s and don’ts.
- Maintaining privacy & accurate record keeping- and finally we will discuss how to manage all these activities will ensuring compliance with federal and/or provincial privacy legislation.
While this session is part of a series, participants are not required to attend all sessions in the series or attend in any sequence. Each session can be attended independently.
What previous participants said:
“As a new HR professional, I found all of it valuable. I found the content around managing leaves and absences very helpful.”
“Great course, lots of valuable information.”
“Well structured and flowed nicely.”
For support or inquiries, please email email@example.com or call 604-293-2339.
Computer or laptop
- This course will involve on-screen interaction with your instructor and classmates, reading/viewing on-screen content (slides or videos), and interacting via typing with questions or responses. For this reason, cell-phones or tablets may not be adequate.
- Windows 10 or Mac iOS
- For a full list of Zoom’s requirements click here
- Downloading of the Zoom app will ensure a much faster experience https://zoom.us/support/download
- Webcam – in order to engage and collaborate, participants will be expected to have their webcams on for the duration of the class
- Internet connection - For best results, you will want to ensure you have an internet connection with an upload/download speed of 3-5 Mbps. You can test your internet speed here. Minimum recommended speed is 1.5 Mbps, but anything below 3 Mbps may result in loss of quality or buffering. Ideally hardwired connection versus wireless for stability - connect your computer directly to your router using an ethernet cable, rather than using your home wi-fi.
- A quiet space with minimal distractions - microphone will be engaged for interactive sessions. Please plan to be fully engaged in the class and clear your work schedule just as you would for the in-class program.
- Comfortable chair