Business success is not an accident, it is planned – yet, very few construction companies regularly practice any type of strategic planning. Strategic planning will transform your business. Imagine being able to make better-than-average profits, expand your capacity, ensure success, and build a healthier company. This course was designed to do just that. It isn’t a miracle cure, it’s a program that teaches the fundamentals of strategic planning to construction professionals.
Designed exclusively for contractors, this course is based on a hypothetical, privately owned company whose three principal shareholders have grown their business into one of the foremost mechanical contractors in the province. With annual revenues of $25M, the shareholders recognize that operations and profits are stable and feel that now is a prime time to grow the company to a new level.
In this course, you will focus on enhancing strengths and opportunities and mitigating weaknesses and threats to your company. By carefully working through all the necessary segments, you will learn how to create comprehensive strategic, financial, and business plans. In addition, you’ll discuss a major issue facing contractors today: the forecasted labor shortage by 2030. You’ll identify methods to address this issue in your company and consider how the problem impacts the construction industry as a whole.
Finally, you’ll walk away with a comprehensive course manual filled with the methods and strategies you need for your business.
Every manager who contributes to your company’s success and growth will benefit from this course: owners, department and division managers, project managers and coordinators, field supervisors, estimators, administrators, senior accountants, and controllers. Be prepared for an in-depth, analytic review of your company, and expect to leave the class with detailed strategies and plans to address your business needs.
- Identifying and capitalizing on strengths and opportunities
- Discovering and mitigating weaknesses and threats
- Setting short and long-term goals and milestones
- Overhead controls
- Constructing and implementing a 3-year Strategic Growth Plan
- Developing an extensive Financial Plan
- Creating a comprehensive Business Plan
- Controlling results with KPIs (Key Performance Indicators)
- Increasing revenues by 16% and cash by $456K (per the construction model used in the course)
Every manager who contributes to your company’s growth and success will profit from this course. They will join over 300 construction personnel who have already benefited from this course since 2019.
For support or inquiries, please email email@example.com or call 604-293-2339.
Computer or laptop
- This course will involve on-screen interaction with your instructor and classmates, reading/viewing on-screen content (slides or videos), and interacting via typing with questions or responses. For this reason, cell-phones or tablets may not be adequate.
- Windows 10 or Mac iOS
- Webcam – in order to engage and collaborate, participants will be expected to have their webcams on for the duration of the class
- Internet connection - For best results, you will want to ensure you have an internet connection with an upload/download speed of 3-5 Mbps. You can test your internet speed here. Minimum recommended speed is 1.5 Mbps, but anything below 3 Mbps may result in loss of quality or buffering. Ideally hardwired connection versus wireless for stability - connect your computer directly to your router using an ethernet cable, rather than using your home wi-fi.
- A quiet space with minimal distractions - microphone will be engaged for interactive sessions. Please plan to be fully engaged in the class and clear your work schedule just as you would for the in-class program.
- Comfortable chair