2852 Douglas St.
The main objective of this 2-day course is to introduce the commands, functions, and capabilities of Microsoft Project. It is designed for computer users who are new to Microsoft Project who want to gain a thorough understanding of one of the world’s most popular project management software packages.
The following list summarizes skills that participants will be comfortable with after this course.
- Understanding Views, Screen Tips, Ribbon, and the Quick Access toolbar;
- Create, edit and outline a task list, establish dependencies by linking tasks
- Add and assign resources, work with project calendars, and enter project costs
- Print project information and customize reports
- Apply task type settings, set task constraints
- Apply preset and custom contours, edit resource assignments and set and modify a baseline
- Track and report on an active project and compare to baseline
- Sort, filter, and group views
- Format views and the Gantt chart
- Customize Microsoft project elements including tables, views, and reports
- Use sample templates, create custom templates, and use the organizer to manage project elements
- Display progress lines, apply earned value tables, and conduct pert analysis
- Create master projects, insert and work with subprojects, and create links to external tasks
- Running multiple projects with a common resource pool
This hands-on course is taught by a certified Microsoft Master Instructor. Participants will receive authorized Microsoft manuals and Microsoft approved practice exercises.
All participants will be provided with laptops.
Max participants: 12
What previous participants said:
“Well instructed, good pace.”
“Very knowledgeable and good teacher!”
“Course was laid out in a very logical and easy to follow manner.”
"I have been involved in more than my share of industry education and training across the country and can say taking your course provided genuine value and added tools for advancement."
"Not only did you bring your in-depth knowledge of MS Project, but provided a real benefit to learn under your personal approach and understanding of the audience, both in their industry and skill sets."
For support or inquiries, please email email@example.com or call 604-293-2339.
CWU members may qualify for reimbursement. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-844-293-2330
COURSE REGISTRATION CANCELLATIONS, TRANSFERS & REFUNDS:
Cancellations received at least 10 business days prior to the course will result in a full refund.
Cancellations received less than 10 business days but more than 5 full business days prior to the course are subject to an administration fee of $100 for full and half-day seminars, or $25 for breakfast sessions.
Registrants who do not show up for a course, and/or who do not notify CITN at least 5 full business days prior to the course date will be assessed the full cost of the course. There will be no refunds or credits in this case.
Substitution of attendees is permitted up to and including the day of the course.
COURSE CANCELLATION BY CITN:
CITN may have to postpone or cancel courses due to insufficient enrolment, in which case CITN’s liability will be limited to a refund of the registration fee.