Thursday, September 24th, 2020
This webinar will explore highlights of innovation roadway infrastructure design, delivery and construction techniques. Participants will be introduced to innovations in road construction from around the world including:
- Warm mix asphalt
- Pre-cast concrete slabs
- Accelerated bridge construction
- High friction surfaces
- New quality assurance techniques such as ground penetrating radar and infrared imaging
- Thin surface restoration techniques
- In-place recycling techniques for pavement renewal
- Geosynthetic pavement reinforcement
- Quiet pavement surfaces and treatments
- In-place recycling
- Intelligent compaction
- Dynamic road paint and warning systems
- Solar energy roads
- Self healing asphalt and concrete materials
- Understand the benefits of implementing innovative roadway design, construction and maintenance techniques
- Be able to describe key factors to ensure the successful adoption of new processes and procedures
- Identify potential sources for detailed information on innovation deployment
Instructor: David K. Hein, P.Eng.
David Hein is a consulting Civil Engineer with over 35 years of experience in the design, evaluation and management of pavement infrastructure. He recently retired from Applied Research Associates, Inc. of Toronto, Ontario. He is the past president of the American Society of Civil Engineers Transportation and Development Institute, long term member of the Transportation Association of Canada and has represented Canada on the World Road Association pavements and asset management committees since 2002. He has been involved in numerous national and international projects including many of the public/private/ partnership highway construction projects across Canada and the United States. Mr. Hein has completed numerous pavement design, evaluation and management projects throughout British Columbia including both design and management of the Sea to Sky Highway and is a regular instructor completing specialty design, construction and maintenance courses for the British Columbia Ministry of Transportation.
Webinar time: 11:30am - 1pm Pacific Standard Time (PST)
Contact & Support
For support or inquiries, please email email@example.com or call 604-293-2339.
COURSE REGISTRATION CANCELLATIONS, TRANSFERS & REFUNDS:
Cancellations received at least 5 business days prior to the webinar date will result in a full refund.
Registrants who do not attend/log into a webinar, and/or who do not notify CITN of cancellation at least 5 full business days prior to the course date will be assessed the full cost of the webinar. There will be no refunds or credits in this case.
Substitution of attendees is permitted up to and including the day of the webinar.
COURSE CANCELLATION BY CITN:
CITN may have to postpone or cancel webinars due to insufficient enrolment, in which case CITN's liability will be limited to a refund of the registration fee.