Set up in 2 - 1/2-day live instructor lead online training sessions (8:30am – 12:30pm each day) this seminar will cover the same content as the in-person seminar. There is no opportunity to re-schedule or request for a partial refund if a student cannot attend all sessions. Please plan to be fully engaged in the class and clear your work schedule just as you would for the in-class program.
Changes are an inevitable part of the construction process but if not managed well, change orders can cause unnecessary project disruptions and lead to cost increases and schedule delays. This course will provide participants with best practices for successfully navigating this complex project management challenge.
At the end of the course participants will be able:
- Identify changes from the original contract
- Document the changes
- Price changes fairly and realistically
- Present and negotiate changes collaboratively
- Understand the importance of early detection of change orders
- Negotiate delay claims caused by changes
- Understand the wording within commonly used contracts e.g., CCDC 2 and CCA 1
- Develop a change order process for a construction company
- Issue a notice of dispute
- Proactively negotiating fair time and material rates at the bidding stage of a project.
Instructor: Tim Williams, B.Econ., MBA, CPA, GSC is the President of BGC Partners Inc. BGC Partners provides training services tailor made for the construction industry. Tim has worked with numerous construction companies for over twenty years. He is a Gold Seal Certified project manager. He is an experienced and sought-after trainer who has trained construction owners and managers on behalf of construction industry associations across Western Canada.
December 15, 2021 - 8:30 AM to 12:30PM Pacific Standard Time (PST)
December 16, 2021 - 8:30 AM to 12:30PM Pacific Standard Time (PST)
What previous participants said:
“Completely satisfied. More information was presented than I was expecting.”
“Instructor broke down information into tangible concepts.”
“The instructor is great; I would like to take more courses with him.”
For support or inquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 604-293-2339.
Computer or laptop
- This course will involve on-screen interaction with your instructor and classmates, reading/viewing on-screen content (slides or videos), and interacting via typing with questions or responses. For this reason, cell-phones may not be adequate.
- Windows 10 or Mac iOS
- Webcam – in order to engage and collaborate, participants will be expected to have their webcams on for the duration of the class
- Internet connection - For best results, you will want to ensure you have an internet connection with an upload/download speed of 3-5 Mbps. You can test your internet speed here. Minimum recommended speed is 1.5 Mbps, but anything below 3 Mbps may result in loss of quality or buffering. Ideally hardwired connection versus wireless for stability - connect your computer directly to your router using an ethernet cable, rather than using your home wi-fi.
- A quiet space with minimal distractions - microphone will be engaged for interactive sessions. Please plan to be fully engaged in the class and clear your work schedule just as you would for the in-class program.
- Comfortable chair