This interactive, live instructor-led online training course will cover the same content as the in-person course. All live online courses will be recorded, and participants will have access to the recorded session for 3 months.
Need to do time tracking of various staff on various projects? Need to download reams of data from an online data source? Now you need to make sense of it all! Learn how Excel will capture potential data errors, minimize input errors and then automate the updating of datasets into Excel table and then into Pivot Tables and Pivot Charts. Also learn strategies for collecting and validating data with tables. Understand how to automate the collection and cleaning up of data using Power Query and then how to analyze with Pivot Tables. And also learn how to create dashboards for visually displaying data and using slicers to quickly filter and change graphical reports. Learn to use the new Excel’s Business Intelligence (BI) Tools that can make updating and analyzing data a breeze.
The following list summarizes skills that participants will be comfortable with after this course.
- Create tables and learn to sort, filter and report on data with a few clicks
- Add data validation, including using pick lists
- Remove duplicate data, circle invalid data
- Use data analysis too
- Create and modify Pivot Tables
- Create and modify Pivot Charts
- Add calculations and custom functions within a Pivot Table
- Use slicers and filters with Pivot Tables
- Import data with Power Query
Course Length: 7 Hours
This hands-on course is taught by a certified Microsoft Master Instructor.
In order to participate in this course, you will require either two monitors or a second device (tablet) or computer so that you are able to watch the instructor while at the same time practicing and applying the new skills.
Workshop Time: 8:30am - 4:30pm Pacific Standard Time (PST)
For support or inquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 604-293-2339.
Computer or laptop
- This course will involve on-screen interaction with your instructor and classmates, reading/viewing on-screen content (slides or videos), and interacting via typing with questions or responses. For this reason, cell-phones or tablets may not be adequate.
- Windows 10 or Mac iOS
- Webcam – in order to engage and collaborate, participants will be expected to have their webcams on for the duration of the class
- Internet connection - For best results, you will want to ensure you have an internet connection with an upload/download speed of 3-5 Mbps. You can test your internet speed here. Minimum recommended speed is 1.5 Mbps, but anything below 3 Mbps may result in loss of quality or buffering. Ideally hardwired connection versus wireless for stability - connect your computer directly to your router using an ethernet cable, rather than using your home wi-fi.
- A quiet space with minimal distractions - microphone will be engaged for interactive sessions. Please plan to be fully engaged in the class and clear your work schedule just as you would for the in-class program.
- Comfortable chair