3777 Henning Drive
This course is designed to improve skills in communication for supervisors and management in the office and in the field.
Participants will be able to identify and practice skills needed for effective communication and learn about barriers to communication. They will also learn about different communication styles and identify what their dominant style is as well as how to deal with people who have a different style of communication. The course material also provides insight about anger and how to manage it as well as help develop the skills required to supervise others.
The course will also cover the following:
- Effective Leadership through Communication Skills
- Dealing with Difficult People, Conflict and Confrontation
- Assertive Training and Speaking Skills
- Communicating Motivation
- Communication through Body Language
- Managing a Good Impression to Clients
- Constructive Use of Anger and Persuasion Skills
- Anger and Conflict Management Skills
- Communicating Discipline and Termination
- Resolving Disputes through Communication
- How to Prepare for and Facilitate Meetings
- Communication through Writing Skills
- Drafting and Preparing Proper Reports and Correspondence
- Communicating Teamwork to Staff and Workers
Two days (16 hours) of lessons with instructors plus an online portion involving research, reading and answering questions (7-8 hours) that will be marked by the instructors.
To receive your CPD accredited certificate you must complete the online portion after the 2 day course.
What previous participants have said:
"Very good instructor, Well done. Made learning the info easy."
“Instructor knows a lot and he was very patient.”
For support or inquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 604-293-2339.
CWU members may qualify for reimbursement. Please contact email@example.com.
COURSE REGISTRATION CANCELLATIONS, TRANSFERS & REFUNDS:
Cancellations received at least 10 business days prior to the course will result in a full refund.
Cancellations received less than 10 business days but more than 5 full business days prior to the course are subject to an administration fee of $100 for full and half-day seminars, or $25 for breakfast sessions.
Registrants who do not show up for a course, and/or who do not notify CITN at least 5 full business days prior to the course date will be assessed the full cost of the course. There will be no refunds or credits in this case.
Substitution of attendees is permitted up to and including the day of the course.
COURSE CANCELLATION BY CITN:
CITN may have to postpone or cancel courses due to insufficient enrolment, in which case CITN’s liability will be limited to a refund of the registration fee.