201-4199 Lougheed Hwy
Burnaby, British Columbia
This Fall Protection course will provide participants with an understanding of their responsibilities when working in areas where fall hazards exist, the use of and inspection of the required equipment and the critical controls necessary to reduce the risk of a fall.
Certification of the fall protection course requires full participation and course attendance. Candidates must achieve 70% on a multiple-choice exam. Upon successful completion, the participant will receive certification that is valid for three years.
This course will cover:
- Lost time injuries and statistics
- Fall Prevention versus Fall Arrest systems
- Travel restraints
- Employers, supervisors and workers general precautions and safe working procedures
- Anchorage or tie-off points, D plate body harness, CSA standards, D ring connecting devices, lifelines, shock absorbing lanyards, horizontal and vertical lifelines
- Hazards due to pendulum swings
- Planning guidelines and anchor points
- Rescue plans
- Inspection of equipment including harnesses, buckles, nylon straps, webbing, friction buckles, self-retracting devices
- Donning a harness, step by step instructions and care, cleaning and life expectancy
For support or inquiries, please email email@example.com or call 604-293-2339.
Skytrain: Venue is easily accessible via the SkyTrain and is conveniently located within walking distance of Gilmore Station. Please see above map for your reference.
Bus: In addition to the SkyTrain, UHS is also located on the bus routes for the following: 28 Phibbs Exchange (Stop #58386) and 129 Patterson Station (Stop #58387). Please see above map for your reference.
Paid parking is available at Westpark (4120 Lougheed Hwy, Burnaby) which is $12.75 daily or $2.75/90 minutes.
What to Bring:
Note paper, a pen, and a highlighter. Your training manuals and other course material will be provided upon your arrival.
CWU members may qualify for reimbursement. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
COURSE REGISTRATION CANCELLATIONS, TRANSFERS & REFUNDS:
Cancellations received at least 10 business days prior to the course will result in a full refund.
Cancellations received less than 10 business days but more than 5 full business days prior to the course are subject to an administration fee of $100 per day for full and half-day seminars, or $25 for breakfast sessions.
Registrants who do not show up for a course, and/or who do not notify CITN at least 5 full business days prior to the course date will be assessed the full cost of the course. There will be no refunds or credits in this case.
Substitution of attendees is permitted up to and including the day of the course.
COURSE CANCELLATION BY CITN:
CITN may have to postpone or cancel courses due to insufficient enrolment, in which case CITN’s liability will be limited to a refund of the registration fee.